Now is a good time to explore what kind of parent you want to be. To understand more about what your partner is going through and how you can support them, there are websites which can offer guidance on what you can expect, including:
- Being ready for the birth.
- Looking after your relationship.
- Reflecting on the role model you want to follow as a dad.
- Becoming a step-parent.
Supporting your pregnant partner
Support during the early days with baby
Articles, Brochures, & Downloads
- Including Dads - Takai nz
- Pregnancy for Partners
- MOH - Advice for Dads
- Great Fathers Mana Matua - Breastfeeding Support
- Support People - Labour & Birth
- Tips for your Birth Partner
- Bonding with Newborns - Parents Stories
- Making a great start to Parenthood: Tips for non-birthing parents
- Making the most of time with children: Dads
- Adjusting to parenthood: Fathers & Non-Birthing Partners
- Being a Dad
- Being a Parent: Family Life
- Birth Support: Getting Ready
- Breastfeeding: How Parents can help
- LGBTIQ+ Families